The Women’s Centre Program provides a well managed, well equipped venue- staffed by a half time Women’s Centre coordinator- that delivers regular activities, ongoing programs, events, workshops and forums.
By offering a range of attractive, beneficial programs (determined throughout the year by women in consultation with the Women’s Centre Coordinator) and delivered by the Women’s Centre Coordinator with the assistance of Yalata women and external consultants, YCI aims to engage most women in the Community. The primary objectives are to impact positively on women’s leadership, representation, safety, well being and economic status.
Programs deliverd/supported are under the headings of:
- arts and craft support/workshops
- information technology training
- digital computer art training
- cooking and nutrition classes
- cultural support including trips for women’s cultural business
- health and well being programs in conjunction with Tallawon Health Service
- leadership development programs
- personal development programs
- attendance and participation at external conferences/events/training