The Victorian Indigenous Art Awards (VIAA) celebrate the quality and diversity of art practice among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists and the richness of Victoria’s Indigenous arts and culture.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander artists are invited to submit an entry. Entry is free and artists are eligible to enter up to three new works.
The total prize pool is valued at over $50,000 across five categories, including the $30,000 Deadly Art Award:
- Deadly Art Award-$30,000
- CAL Award for Three Dimensional Works-$5,000
- CAL Award for Works on Paper-$5,000
- Australian Catholic University Acquisitive Award-$5,000
- Work based on spirituality and cultural tradition
- Federation University Australia Acquisitive Award-$5,000
- Work by an artist based in regional Victoria
- Arts Victoria People’s Choice Award-$2,500
To register online, you will need:
- Images for each artwork to be entered, ensuring that the images are named: Artist last name_Initial_Artwork title_.jpg (saved as .jpg up to 2Mb each)
- An up-to-date artists resume, including recent and/or significant exhibition and arts related work history. (saved as a .doc .docx or .pdf)
- A biographical summary about yourself for inclusion in the catalogue (80-100 words)
- An extended biographical statement including a summary of your artistic practice (80-500 words)
- Statements for each artwork (100-500 words) (these statements will be taken into account in the shortlisting process)
Entries close Thursday 12 June.
Further information please call 03 5320 5858.